Embrace the spine-chilling spirit of the season as Boston and its surrounding areas unveil a lineup of hair-raising haunted houses and eerie experiences. From dark corn mazes to haunted medieval castles, these attractions promise an unforgettable blend of fright and excitement. Gather your bravest friends, and dive into the heart of Halloween with these terrifying haunted houses near Boston.
1. Gallows Hill & The Lost Museum Location: 7 Lynde St., Salem This part-escape room, part-haunted house experience begins in a Salem basement, where illusions blur the lines between reality and the supernatural. Venture through an underground maze filled with haunted characters and mysterious weapons. Open daily in October.
2. Hicks Family Farm Corn Maze Location: 1299 Route 2 on the Mohawk Trail, Charlemont Navigate a haunted corn maze on this Charlemont farm, with special flashlight Fridays for an added adrenaline rush. Open on Friday and Saturday nights in October until Oct. 28.
3. Barrett’s Haunted Mansion Location: 1235 Bedford St., Abington Embark on a haunting journey in the fictional town exposed to a pesticide leak, turning survivors into Coulro-Sapiens. Devil’s Night adds an interactive twist with physical contact and short abductions. Check the schedule for specific dates.
4. Connors Farm Location: 30 Valley Road, Danvers By day, a family-friendly farm; by night, a realm of haunted fields, flashlight mazes, and eerie experiences. The Hysteria maze takes you through the forest and deserted buildings for a skin-crawling adventure. Open every weekend night in October.
5. Witch’s Woods Location: 79 Powers Road, Westford Castle Morbid invites ghouls and goblins to play in this haunted medieval castle. Special effects, including strobe lights, add to the thrill as you navigate through various attractions. Open every Friday through Sunday from Sept. 29 to Oct. 31.
6. DementedFX Location: 530 Main St., Holyoke Immerse yourself in a storyline where you must break into a science laboratory to rescue a scientist holding the cure for a community ravaged by a virus. Experience sensory overload with audio design, animatronics, and simulated movement. Select dates in October.
7. Fright Fest at Six Flags New England Location: 1623 Main St., Agawam Experience the thrill of rides in the dark and a haunted house at Six Flags New England during autumn weekends. The park’s haunted house offers an eerie seasonal exhibit. Weekends from Sept. 23 to Nov. 5.
8. Factory of Terror Location: 120 Pearl St., Fall River As one of New England’s largest indoor haunted houses, Factory of Terror brings nightmares to life with masked characters, monsters, and blood-curdling sounds. Select dates in October through Nov. 11.
9. 13th World Location: 1701 Park St., Palmer A newcomer to the haunted house scene, 13th World features three terrifying attractions, including a haunted motel, a twisted maze of darkness, and an immersive experience where you go alone. Weekends from Sept. 30 to Nov. 4.
10. Fright Kingdom Location: 12 Simon Street, Nashua, N.H. Just an hour from Boston, Fright Kingdom in Nashua offers five horrifying attractions, including Apocalypse Z and Grim. Experience ghoulish characters and Halloween thrills. Select dates from Sept. 29 through Nov. 4.
11. Chambers of Terror Location: 59 Wharf St., Salem Explore a haunted house of witches, goblins, and gore in one of the most notoriously haunted places in the U.S. Combine your experience with fireside ghost stories for an extra eerie touch. Select dates through October.
Prepare to be scared as you navigate these haunted houses, each promising a unique blend of frights and thrills. Whether you’re escaping from zombies, wandering through haunted mazes, or braving physical interactions, these experiences guarantee a memorable Halloween season. Get ready for a night of terror and excitement!